Montag, 18. Januar 2010

Cruize moved in



Finally Tyler got his turtle. Two days ago we went to the pet shop and picked up Tylers birthday present. Tank, filter and heat light were at home already, just the turtle was missed.




At the shop the lady explained how to hold him, what to feed him (Bloodworms!) and so on. And then we took him home and put him into his new home. He actually really likes it though he keeps sticking all the time. The first night he almost drowned cause he stuck in the little shipwreck (my birthday present by the way – I felt really bad..) . So we put the ship out of the tank. During the day he kept sticking between the glass and the filter, so we moved the filter a little further. But Cruize is too clever for us, by dinnertime he managed to get stuck between the glass and the fake plant. After we arranged the entire tank Cruize- safe we could enjoin him cruising around =)


After he lost the activity to get stuck he found another hobby: He loves chasing his reflection. So he is swimming millions of squares all along the glass sides. But as long he doesn’t get dizzy everything is fine cause we are really enjoying ourselves watching him doing that..



Kim put heaps of little fishes out of the pond into the tank so Cruize can chase them and play with them. And if he is fast enough he´ll eat them, cause turtles are eating almost everything which is digestible. And now he is swimming around all day, chasing fishes and enjoying his childhood. Cruize is indeed just seven weeks old and really tiny:





Tomorrow around lunch time Coralie will come and pick me up and then I´ll be on a second holiday: two weeks in AUCKLAND!!! I´m so, so exited and really can´t wait to see them all again and to got to know Auckland which I´ve just seen through the airport windows the very day I arrived here. I don’t know yet if or not I´ll have internet over there but I´m pretty sure so I should be able to give short interim reports… We´ll see =)

So far as a start, nice and sunny greetings from the bottom of the world,

Love, Julia




1 Kommentar:

  1. Nice little turtle:) it's really tiny at the moment but it will grow, won't it?? I wish you much fun etc. in Auckland. How could it be that you have so much holidays down there I thought you have to look after the children?!

    So greetings and best wishes from cold and snowy germany I'm so jealous...:) Loooking forward to see you on May/June(??)
    Lots of Love Christian

    P.S.: I like it that you're writing in English now:).

    AntwortenLöschen